Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Georgia's Songs

Everyone has been talking about writing songs. I don't write many songs. There are so many more important things to do than write. I like to watch the birds, the squirrels and the bugs flying around near my front porch. I love the quiet time out there away from other cats. There's always a nice breeze. Unlike everyone else, I rather like the heat outside where I can bask and not do much in the shade with a slight breeze. No doubt in another life I was a Southern Belle.

Still, the song thing. I have had many songs written about me by professionals and I am quite pleased to be able to share that. There was "Hey There Georgie Girl" and of course, "Georgia on my Mind," was written by another fan. I know I am mentioned in any number of other songs but they escape now.

I think I've written enough and it's time to go take my noon nap.

4 comments:

The Meezers said...

it's always nicer to have songs writtten about you.

Ayla said...

A cat with her priorities straight!

Zeus said...

I agree with The Meezers. Songs should definitely be about you! Did I manage to include you in the We Didn't Start the Fire remake? I hope I did; if not, it certainly wasn't on purpose! (I wrote it at three in the morning!)

Patches & Mittens said...

You have a state named after you, don't forget that!

Patches Lady