Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Skiing Siamese, if you please...

I laughed yesterday on my trip to the US Outdoor Store. It's a wonderful place and I was searching for a new pair of skis. I'm an intermediate to advanced skier and I like to stay mostly on groomed runs. Telling the sales person that, he brought out some Rossignol B1 Bandits in my size and then he said, OH YEAH. He pulled out some Salomon Siam 7. He proceeded to talk about how wonderful the Siam 7 was. It's lightweight (almost frighteningly so) and turns very easily. I've read some reviews and those that love it, love it and those that don't--well they really hate it. We'll see. I'm skiing on Saturday.

I decided on it because, well, it's Siam. I have that lovely Siameseand how could I not get a ski named after her? Siamese are unique cats and not for everyone. So these skis probably aren't for everyone. But I like Siamese, so how could I not get a Siam 7?

I think the cats are laughing at my lack of logic. I didn't tell them I had actually done some research and with the help of the salesperson that seemed like a reasonable choice...

No comments: