Monday, December 05, 2005

Broadway Show

This past weekend I was up in Issaquah and I saw a showing of Cats in their Village theater. I wasn't sure what to expect with such a small theater but overall the players were good and the show enjoyable.

In Portland, I have been a regular patron of their Broadway in Portland series for the last several years. I feel obligated to point out that Karen Kaiser (and I believe that is the spelling of her name) was head and shoulders above anyone I have seen in anything here with her rendition of Memory. This woman has a voice that is just astounding.

As this was the first time I had seen Cats, though I have listened to the sound track once or twice, my cats have been innundated with short song chants from the play.

Georgia, my calico is hounded with "Mungojerry and Rumpleteaser" as that was performed by the Calico Cats in the show. She really isn't all that rambunctious any more.

Gemini, though she is a girl, gets her fur rumpled to "Rum Tum Tugger is a curious cat."

And Chey, well Chey... She is tortured with the conspiratorial whisper, "Macavity's not there." It does, alas, fit her personality...

No comments: