Thursday, December 29, 2005

Siamese Cats are Insane

My Siamese is a weird cat. Simone was strange too but Chey is beyond strange. Siamese, however probably prefer to think of themselves as eccentric and I'm not sure how anyone can resist them.

Gemini has her quarks too. She tends to sharpen claws on the sofa. Georgia can get a bit bitchy with the other cats. They all do various things I'd rather not have them do. Papers on the desk end up on the floor. They always want attention at the worst possible moments.

But I love them all. It's hard for me to pass up a cat and not think how wonderful they are simply because they are a cat.

A woman I konw was lamenting the other day that she tries really hard but she keeps failing at being a person. She feels alone and unloved. So much of her judgements are her judgements about herself rather than anything most people would notice. I think sometimes we expect so much of ourselves and forget that no one needs to be anything other than what they are to be loved.

Cats know this. I think Siamese may use this to their advantage. I'm sure that's why there are so many fans.

2 comments:

genderist said...

There are lots of cats that are insane -- and I don't know if I can think of one cat I've known that didn't have a crazy streak...

Bonnie said...

Ah true... however I have noticed that even the other cats tend to think the Siamese is insane...