Tuesday, August 16, 2005

My Cat, the Einstein.

People tell me I'm getting old when I say I don't remember kittens being this active. It's been 16 years since I've had a kitten. I do remember him being into everything but I don't remember random toe biting in the middle of the night. I don't remember that the other cats couldn't move for fear of being attacked. I don't remember them digging out toys from behind large furniture where I have hidden them so they don't destroy them when I'm not around!

Gemini does all of this. Dog trainers say that active dogs who people say are stupid are usually the smartest dogs because they think for themselves and don't necessarily do what their owners want. This cat must be brilliant. I don't know how she manages to think that some of the stuff she gets into would be fun but she does think it up.

Of course, she does have her moments. She thinks that pushing around the empty water or full water dish is a great joy. It's a soup dish and she just pushes it around with her nose. She seems to find it great fun. Okay, so maybe she isn't that brilliant?

No comments: