Thursday, November 10, 2005

Finicky Siamese

Gemini is not particularly finicky about cat food. When she was a tiny baby she had a hard time with dry food but she seems to like her kitten food now. She doesn't seem to get the whole table scraps thing, so she doesn't eat that.

Chey, however is another matter. I do go away overnight from time to time and I want to know my cats are fine. I have been working to wean Chey off the canned food only. She doesn't seem to be at all interested in the dry stuff. She ate one hard crunchy treat once. Note that: ONCE.

I finally found some tender vittles thinking that would be a transitional food. They have been getting that in the morning. The first morning Georgia and Gemini ate most of it. They are now eating less and less. Chey continues to look more and more annoyed. They still get their can a night though.

I really think that Chey likes the drama of not eating. I think that this cat is milking the poor her for all it's worth. Gemini and Georgia don't seem to be too worried about their diets and that's a good thing. I hope. Sigh. One of these days we'll get them back to a healthy way of eating.

No comments: